Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dragon Boat Festival, 端午节

Today was the Dragon Boat festival, a holiday that celebrates the suicide of an ancient poet and statesman known as QuYuan, 屈原,and also celebrates the turning of the year and such not. People eat ZongZi, specially prepared rice, and have boat races with crew teams on boats with dragon-styled prows.

I spent the morning sleeping, awakening to a phone call at noon from Crystal with an invitation to hang out for the day. We were joined by XiaoBai and spent 3 hours+ sitting in a coffee shop talking and making up stories together, it was a great time. Before everyone else arrived, I spent time perusing the bookstore nearby. When I was about to leave, a man kindly stopped me and asked me to help him find a book to learn english with. Being a bookseller at heart, I didn't hesitate to search around with him until I found a certain type of book I'd used myself which had chinese and english side-by-side.

When I got back to the dormitory, I was greeted with a wonderful sight. Enjoy,


I hope that pasted,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment